This is what American students have to attempt to get into Chennai colleges!
Vazhalka Tamil valarka Tamil???????...
You, Here is a small test to check your Thamizh proficiency: Are you ready to take the TOTFL (Test of Thamizh as a Foreign Language)? Joot!
1) What do you do with a Gujili? a) Gujaals b) Gilma c) Gilpans d) Galij 2) What is a Jujubi ? a) Something sweet b) An easy one c) A tough one d) An Alwaa
3) What is Alwaa? a) Something you find in Tirunelveli b) What a girlfriend gives when she marries someone else c) A laddu d) Jujubi
4) What is the respectful way to address a friend? a) Machi b) Sir c) By name d) Aiya
5) Who is a 'Frooti' ? a) A studious person b) A sportsman c) The professor d) A soft drink
6) When someone says 'nambittaen', what do they mean? a) I don't believe you! b) Sure, I believe you c) Are you nuts?? d) I have to catch a bus
7) Who or what is Peter? a) A tourist b) Someone who talks only in English c) Peter Jones d) Your teacher 8) For which of the following ! events will you say 'Gumbaloda Govinda'? a) When you go to Tirupati as a group b) When the entire gang has been caught watching ' _X_ '- Movie c) When you do group studies d) Meeting a Hindi actor
9) What is a 'rupture'? a) Kadi b) Draabai c) Trouble d) Danger
10) When Someone refering to a woman as 'Seriyana Kattai'? a) She is genius b) she is lean c) she had looted all guys eyes... d) she wears wooden chappals.
Refer the following Dictionary Of Madras Tamilu to pass in this TOTFL Exam... Allwa - to cheat Aatha - Mother Abase - Loot adiththal Alppam - A silly/cheap dude Anna - The elder brother Anni - Anna's figure Appeettu - Unsuccessful Asaththal - Kalakkal Ba! jari - A not-so-friendly figure Bandha - Pillim Bekku - Fool Body - Muscular Machi Chithee - Aunty Figure Dapsa/Doop - Lie Desi Gujili - An Indian figure in US Dhil - Courage Dhool - Super Dham - To smoke Daavu - Site seeing Dickielona - A friendly game played in Delhi (courtesy: Senthil & Goundamani in the Movie Gentleman) Damaram - Deaf Dori - Squint-eyed Figure item - Young/Attractive Lady/Women/Girl Freeyaavidu - Forget it Gaali - Appeettu Gujili - Figure Guru - Head of the gang Gujaals - Having fun with Gujilis Gaanapaattu - Rap song sung by Machis Galeej - Dirty Gilli, Goli - Traditional games played in Madras Goltti - A dude from Andhra Jakku - An exclamation on seeing a not-so-Takkar figure (see Jil below) Jollu - Bird watching Jilpaans - Gujaals Jute - Esc! ape when caught up by girlfriend's father. Jujubi - Easy Jil - An exclamation on seeing a Takkar figure Jalsa - Same as Gujaals Kaattaan - Uncivilized/ Rude Machi Kenai - Idiot Kikku / Mabbu - Intoxicated/ under influence Kalakkalls - To cause a flutter Kanai pakri - Friend of ushar pakri Kindal - To make Fun Kaka adikarathu - Putting soaps to someone K M L - Kedacha Mattum Labam Kutti - Figure Kudumba figure - Homeloving Gujli Kudumba paatu - A song with which machis identify themselves Kulls - A short machi Laddu - Allva Loot adiththal - to steal Maams - One cool dude Maanga - Fool Machi - Maams Mandai - A sharp guy Mary - feminine of Peter Mavu - refer O B. Nachunu - Bull's eye Nambitten - I don't believe you Naattu Katt! ai - A well-built village figure Naattan - Villager Naamam - To cheat Naina - Father (courtesy Telugu) Kadalai - Machi talking to a Gujili or vice versa OB - To waste time Ottal - To make fun of some one Ondrai anna - Worthless Pattaani - Machi talking to Machi or Gujli talking to Gujli Peter Party - Machi trying to show off by talking in hi-fi English Pathni - A figure who goes around the block Pakkri - A shrewd dude Petta - Area Pisaaththu - Cheap Pillim - Show-off Peela - To lie Rambo - A manly figure Sister - Often used by Machis while Approaching Figures for the first time Songi - Lazy Saanthu pottu - Possibility of getting beaten by a stick (courtesy Movie : Thevar Magan) Takkar figure - Semma figure Thanni - Liquor Thalaivar - Leader Tin katrathu - Getting into trouble (courtesy Movie: Anjali) Ushar pakri - Smart pakri Vennai - Fruit Weightaana figure - A very attractive/rich figure Wrong kaatradhu - Acting indifferently